1. The new bike that has joined our household may be from the 80s but apparently it’s not cool to call it a ten-speed anymore.
2. Some bike shops are more aesthetically pleasing than others.
3. The new, gaudy ferris wheel that just went up in Northeast Minneapolis provides a 20-minute ride complete with drinks, snacks, a fantastically kitchy experience, amazing views of the city, and, best of all, a blanket if you’re chilly/me. I definitely recommend checking out the brand new Betty Danger’s Country Club. The day R-boy and I stopped in (as a short detour on our first long bike ride of the spring), the Food Network was there filming. Perhaps we will be famous.
4. My childhood church still uses the same hymnals. I learned this while I was there watching my niece and nephew perform in an adorable musical at my alma mater church.
5. Artists are everywhere. And not just at the St. Paul Art Crawl, where I met some amazing painters last weekend. Also in the incredible circle of beautiful, creative people who surround my life. And also in the high school classroom where my friend Stephanie teaches art.
6. I stay far warmer on a January day that’s 30 degrees below zero than pretty much any spring day during baseball season.
7. These two people continue to amaze and delight me.
8. And life can take some pretty crazy turns. Now and then, some really beautiful ones that catch you completely off guard.
Am I right?
Here’s to learning more great stuff in May, friends.